Monday, January 11, 2016

1-11-16 in music!

This week in music we are getting back into READING NOTE NAMES!  Every year starting in Kindergarten, students learn a little more and get a little better at this skill.
There are two games to help increase fluency from 1st-5th grade:
http://www.classicsforkids.com/games/notename/notenames10b.swf


Unit goals:
Kindergarten-get good at learning the difference between a line note and a space note.  Memorize SPACE notes
First Grade- Review kindergarten skill level.  Master all LINE and SPACE notes.  Play very basic tunes on ORFF instruments
Second Grade- Review 1st grade skill.  Students will learn to spell words using only letters a-g.  They will begin to draw note heads on the staff.  Students will work on speed in fluency of note identification. Students will play basic tunes on Orff instruments and desk bells.
Third Grade- Review 2nd grade skill. Students will continue to spell words using only letters a-g.  They will draw note heads on the staff.  Students will work on speed in fluency of note identification through a series of different games as a class, individual, and partners. Students will play basic tunes on Orff instruments and desk bells.
Fourth Grade-  Review 3rd grade skill.  Students will begin to compose short melodies with few restrictions.  Students will play these melodies on Orff instruments and desk bells.  Students will play basic familiar tunes and identify the title. Students will continue to increase fluency.
Fifth Grade- Review 4th grade skill.  Students will play RECORDERS--eventually.  Students will continue to compose short melodies with various guidelines including the use of chords.  Students will play their tunes on Orff instruments and desk bells.  Students will get to perform for class.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Ms Rice! I played the game and I got 290. It was hard, but the first time I got 275. Well, I know I did good. Hope we get 4 more comments!

P.S. It just asked me how many of the pictures had an orange when I clicked "I'm not a robot" How strange!

Anonymous said...

HI Ms.Rice I love to play this game to make my self think